POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pbottle (Eid getaway) : Re: Pbottle (Eid getaway) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:54:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pbottle (Eid getaway)
From: Peter J  Holzer
Date: 22 Mar 2000 20:02:05
Message: <38D95533.E53482F6@hjp.at>
Saadat Saeed wrote:

> Yeah my first choice is always a jpg... but in this case a zipped bmp was a
> little more in size with without any loss in quality!

The .zip file was 68 kB. Sure that isn't really big. But I just saved
the
bmp file with standard settings (75% quality, no smoothing) from xv, and
the jpg was only 7.8 kB! That's quite a lot smaller, and I can't see any
difference between the bmp and the jpg.

I don't know what you did, of course; but I often see jpgs which have
been
created with a quality setting close to 100%. This makes the image a lot
larger but adds very little in quality for most images.

	hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer             | Think of it as evolution in action
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR                |
__/   | http://wsrx.wsr.ac.at/~hjp/ | 	   by Niven & Pournelle